Mandavya College of Education is the academic offshoot of S B Education Trust ®., and was established in 2007. It is located in the Jnanasagara Campus, a place renowned as a Centre of Educational Institutions where (academic facilities are given right from Kindergarten to First Grade College including Excellence P U College and Excellence English Medium High School. It is a campus of beauty, of lush green gardens, nestled in an atmosphere of cool, hygienic breeze. The college is situated on the Bengaluru and Mysuru Highway on the outskirts of Mandya city, popularly known as “Sakkare Nagara" (Sugar City), in between Bangalore and Mysore at a distance of 96km from Bangalore and 49km from Mysore. It is one of the Teacher Education Institutions in Karnataka.
OUR VISION :
Excellence through empowerment of teaching potentialities.
The college stands for recognition, nourishment and empowerment of teaching potentialities among the student - teachers through cognitive enrichment, processing of effective aspects of their behavior and development of psycho motor skills essential for becoming better teachers as well as morally upright, socially committed and spiritually inspired teachers for 21st century democratic India.
VISION FOR THE FUTURE
u Obtaining PhD for all teacher educators
u Computerized classrooms with network
u Well-equipped separate Seminar / Conference Hall
u Separate library for each methodology class.
u Orientation course for K.E.S., KARTET, CET
u Subscription of more journals on education
u Providing Educational Programs for Doordarshan
u Publication of a Question Bank for TET & CET
Increasing State and National level linkages and collaborations
MISSION OF THE INSTITUTION
1. Contributing cognitively enriched, effectively cultured, cognitively trained, socially committed, efficient and competent teachers for Karnataka in specific and India in general.
2. Catering to the vocational needs of the graduates of Mandya District and neighboring districts.
3. Professional growth of teacher educators through in-service and research activities.
4. Social welfare and up liftment of educationally backward sections of the society through extension activities / programs.
5. Development of human resource through teacher education with due priority to the rural fraternity of Mandya district.
6. Equipping the Twenty-First century teachers with updated tools and techniques of the educational arena.
7. Training the teachers of new generation to preserve and promote the social and cultural values of Indian society.
8. Stimulation and inculcation of scientific temper through the acquisition of technologically updated knowledge.
9. Making the new generation teachers develop awareness about preservation and conservation of environment.
10. Cherishing the ideal of “Vishwamanava ”
11. Developing certain competencies among student teachers and make them understand the multiple roles of secondary school teachers as facilitators of learning in the present context.